towels - isla collection
The fertile soil and temperate climate in the southern Indian state of Kerala is known for growing medicinal plants used in the ancient healing practice of Ayurveda. Using the same principles, handloom weavers in Kerala created the KALAI Isla collection of beach towels, infused with the wellness properties of the ayurvedic plants and herbs used to treat, dye and fix the raw organic yarn. The result is a collection of towels that are free of synthetic chemicals and toxic irritants, and kind to sensitive skin.
- Coral (Buena Vista) - annatto, red sandalwood and turmeric.
- Yellow (Playa 70) - three types of turmeric and neem.
- Purple (Revolution Riot) - kumkum and pathimugam.
- Olive Green (Rumba Riff) tulsi, bhringraj and triphala.
- Black (Santeria Salsa Club) acacia catechu, myrobalan, tamarind, black cumin.
To look after your towel, wash it with an eco-friendly detergent and line dry.
- Generously oversized: 2m x 1m
- 100% handloomed organic cotton
- Lightweight and quick-drying
- Packs up small in an individual travel pouch (included)
Kalai towels are designed in Australia and handmade in Kerala.